- Syndrome of physiological decline in late life, characterized by marked vulnerability to adverse health outcomes
- FRAIL Scale Identifies frailty in community dwelling elders (1 -2 =
prefrail; > 3 = frail)
- Fatigue: are you Fatigued more often than not?
- Resistance: are you able to climb a flight of stairs?
- Aerobic: are you bale to walk a block?
- Illness: Do you have more than five illnesses?
- Loss: Have you lost more than 5% of weight in 6 months?
- Order Vitamin D and B-12 Levels.
- Adapt interventions to the individual, incorporating patient preferences and stage on the spectrum of frailty
- Exercise programs with additional physical and occupational therapy input if indicated.
- Optimize nutrition via supplementation (Vit D, B12)
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment; Outpatient PACE
Last update: 2022-06-13 17:45:17